Monday 4 November 2013

First post. An introduction.

I am an artist, or a craftsman.  Probably somewhere in-between. 

I make models, computer, not real, for computer games.  Or I did , up until 6 weeks ago when the company I worked for, Blitz Games Studios, went under.

Making models, texturing them, lighting them, making them into a world is fun, so I'm still doing it. Not for anyone in particular, just to improve my portfolio, skills and to fill in time between jobs. 

This isn't the first time I've been in this position.  Six years ago, after working for Sony up in London for six years I got made redundant. I made an armoured vehicle.  Here's a picture.



This time I've decided to create a space scene.  I've started a space station and a small spacecraft.




I have a planet too.  I'm baking out cloud simulations as I write this.  I'm hoping this will all come together into quite a nice little space scene.

At work I've used Maya to model and mental ray to light the armoured vehicle.  For the space scene I've been trying Blender.

Folio page at http://polygonjungle.blogspot.co.uk/p/folio.html

No comments:

Post a Comment